Friday, July 11, 2008

Hardrock 2008 is underway!!!

(From L to R): Billy Simpson (3x finisher), Olga (Mike's Pacer), Mike Burke (2x finisher), me on July 5th, 2008 (Grouse Gulch)


They're off!!! Here's wishing everyone in the race, runners, crews, and pacers a wonderful experience in the San Juan Mountains. I sit here in Austin, Texas wishing I was there. I have friends and acquaintances from Texas running this weekend: Joe Prusaitis, Axel Reissnecker, Scott Eppelman, John Teisher (JT), Kelly Korevec. Also, Billy, Mike, and many more from across the country I met last weeekend that I won't mention, because I'm certain to forget someone. Run strong, stay safe, and enjoy the journey!

Olga couldn't resist and crossed at Mineral Creek this morning just after the race start. She looks a little cold, doesn't she???


Real-time results can be tracked here:
http://www.hardrock100.com/index.asp

2 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey Larry WOW great re-cap below on HR ...simply amazing I SOOOO want to check out that area, looks like another world to me!

Great re-cap glad you had a blast!! and yes Olga looks cold going through that water, she is such an adventurer ...love all the pics!!

Kyle Skaggs is doing good so far at HR...looks like the one to beat huh.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

friggin Kyle smashed the record huh... 23:23 fitting the number is 23 the Michael Jordan of Ultras :-)