Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just off the plane!

I am back home in Austin after spending the holiday weekend in Silvertone, Colorado. What an amazing town! Surrounded in all directions by mountains. It has to be the only flat spot for miles and miles and that's where they built the town. I'm going to write a full post about my weekend, hopefully, tomorrow (Monday) evening, but I just had to share how great of an experience it was to visit Silverton and spend some time visiting with a few of the runners and legends who will run Hardrock this upcoming weekend. Each individual I had the opportunity to meet was kind and unassuming. If one was a stranger to ultra running, they would never know their running backgrounds and accomplishments. They aren't talked about. There is no need to discuss it. Everyone seems like one big family and the aura surrounding the race, even a week beforehand, is unique. More to come later when I publish my post tonight.

No comments: