Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Believe

One thing I strive to do is continually grow and become a better person each day. Some days I am successful, while other days I am not. There are times when a week, or more, go by without any noticeable progress. One thing I believe inherent to living a satisfying life is to believe in oneself. But, to believe in oneself, you have to be yourself. I have lived most of my years trying to be someone I could never become. I would look to a parent, grandparent, sibling, mentor, friend, neighbor, etc., for a blueprint. And, while I can recognize certain qualities in others and use them to my benefit, the only person I can truly become is myself. And, once, I finally made the conscious decision to be honest and genuine with myself, a transformation began. All of the years I spent trying to mimic another made it difficult to understand who I was as a person. Without that understanding, belief in oneself is based on false ideas. I can’t change everything I have experienced from the moment I entered this life. And, the circumstances and experiences which I lived through are a part of who I am. Trying to ignore the past separates myself from gaining an intimate understanding of who I am. To accept my past, learn from it, and move forward is critical to becoming the only person I know to be—myself. And, then, I stumbled across an excerpt on the internet that put my fumbling words in proper context. I have included them below:

"Nobody can ever fully believe in you, except for yourself. You are the only one that is yourself, and so if you stop believing in yourself, and being yourself, it is usually because you want to copy another, and to be something, or somebody, other than yourself.


Is being our self, then the answer, and how do we do this? Is it selfish to want to live our lives, entirely only as our self?

Is trying to be ourselves an entirely true, and balanced approach to take with our lives? Is being totally self directed, assuming that all revolves around me, and that nobody else's opinion is valid? And so only my idea of me is truth?

But isn't this a segregation, and separating process, rather than a rejoining, and a recombining with others with love? Isn't this being adversarial, rather than conciliatory? Although, I can see truth in there somewhere, and I do agree with the idea that we need to be ourselves entirely. But what is the more balanced, and practical approach to living our lives authentically, as ourselves? Can we be ourselves, even as we be another person, and walk in their shoes with compassion, and understanding without fawning or grassing up to them, or undermining our own self hypocritically, in anyway?

The truth is that I am always me, and can only ever be me, and my higher self, that is always a part of me, is always operating as me, as a part of me, as well. Only fear is what removes, or breaks this continual contact with being truly my true self, at all times. Loving is what restores my true self to me, and it is really that simple, and that difficult, at the same time.

We never need to worry too much about all this other stuff, and creating artificial posturing of ourselves as others want us to be for them, and sometimes we think that we have to be, as they expect us to be for them. Always thinking about, and considering your own weaknesses, by dwelling on them all the time, is also a reflection of your lower self, and shows you that you are actually living from that position, or from that part of you only. Weaknesses only are seen as weaknesses by your lower selves. Your higher self sees everything as learning opportunities provided by love.

When you act from your higher self with love, there is never then any weakness. Being your true self gives strength, and is acting from a real strength, and which is only ever really love. We are always the strongest, that we have ever been only right now, in our lives. We need to act from all of this strength, and stop returning to contemplate weakly all the time about our other perceived weaknesses. Weakness is never really ours, until we own it.

Any weaknesses are never your real weaknesses, but are only ever reflections of the other people in your life, bringing out of you, your past weaknesses, that you have at some time worked through, and by no means now need to revisit. We need to accept from a position of more understanding, and compassion, to enable us to understand the other persons own growth through these weaknesses, and painful experiences.

Weaknesses, as I have said only ever show you that you are living in your lower self, and not from your higher self. In truth, weakness never has existed. All is only ever bathed in the powerful strength of love, and self love, and belief in ourselves allows us to live from our strength, rather than from our perceived illusory weaknesses. Weakness never does exist anywhere within God's creation. All is only ever love experiencing itself in different ways, and never is love weak.

This only means that instead of considering your own weaknesses again, allow the contact with them, that is invoked by others, to allow you to love more, and to not withdrawer into contemplating again these weaknesses in yourself, as this will only ever attract them back to yourself. Examining and thinking about your weaknesses, is what has created them, and only ever just attracts more of the same to you.

The insights of your higher self, will never be accepted by a lower self, trying to fulfil itself, from only itself. The lower self and ego must be satisfied from a higher source than themselves. If this is not done they will remain, and retain a feeling of unfulfilled unhappiness of complete lack of meaning, and any real connection to their real selves. They might perhaps, still recognise the necessity of trying to retain an allowance, or entertain the possibility, for them actually being more than what they are, but by not believing in it, this possibility that they are far more than what they are being now, is never fully fulfilled, or satisfying enough for them. Believing in yourself, is believing from all parts of yourself, and accepting all parts of yourself.

The only real solution, that enables us to believe in our self is to love our self.

We only learn by self love, and by self trust. My advice is to never force yourself in any direction, that you know that you can't take love along with you.

That said, grow into love, by growing into yourself. The truth often is that you have moved past what you can gain from not being yourself, and need experiences now of being yourself, by believing in yourself. In the meantime we all need to keep plugging on. Life is never lived by pulling the plug on what you are doing now, only by moving on, and from moving on from your present current position, can you ever achieve anything worthwhile. It all starts by being you now, accepting your starting position now, and believing it is where you needed to be right now, and then growing forwards from there.

The truth of yourself can only ever come from yourself like this. Others can only help you to recognise the love, and truth that is always in you now, and assist you to trust it, and so to love this truth in yourself. Truth must be lived to be fulfilled, and God allows truth to spill into all souls from himself, so that souls can share his truth, and his love, and not be subject to their lower selves abandoning them, by abandoning the pursuit of higher truth. Keep true to the truth in you, and all else will fall into line behind the truth that is supplying sustaining energy to you, from its connection to love, and to God.

You will believe in yourself, as much as you accept all of yourself, and reject entirely the ideas coming from others about anything else, or anything different from this full acceptance of yourself. And you need to stop believing in other people's suggestions, advice, and ideas about your own truths, and the directions your following in your life, and that these others don't believe is right for you, or maybe they think that you have no possibility of ever achieving. Self belief is self love. Love yourself, even when others don't seemingly love you, and you will find that you also believe then in yourself too."

2 comments:

Local Mind Media said...

Hi Larry,
You're one of the rare people who understands that embracing life involves suffering and enjoyment. Most look for only enjoyment and don't accept or handle the suffering.

Keep embracing it all. The fact that you think about improving yourself and being the best person you can be makes you that person regardless of the measurement.
Take care.
TL

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Larry...this is amazing..would you mind sending the link or letting me copy and paste to share with me blog.
Happy Thanksgiving
Lisa