Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Blah!
I've been dealing with being sick for the past several days. It looks like I had the flu. On Monday night, I felt like "Cameron" from Ferris Beuller's Day Off. I even had a fever. I should have broken out in a chorus of "Let My Cameron Go". I don't have time for being sick--too much to do. To top it off, when I did drive last night and this morning, it seemed everyone in Austin was running along the streets and sidewalks because I can't. In actuality, I'm just very sensitive right now to the fact i can't run or go to the gym. It wouldn't be wise--I need to recover. Regardless, in a few more days, I should be well enough to get back into my routine and I should remember there are many people who can't run or have been sidelined by injuries. I should be thankful that my only "problem" is a little case of the flu. It does make me appreciate running much more, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Welcome to my world. Go home now:) Bundle up in blankets and drink tea with honey...and lemon too!
Well the good news about being consistent in your training is that this flu shouldn't knock you off your schedule too much. Sure you feel bad now but you'll get back to the swing of things quickly enough. When you're better nothing like running to get all that phlegm out into the surface where you can spit it out. Breathe in the fresh air and clear out your lungs. Your legs are probably loving the rest anyway. Heal well my friend and enjoy the downtime.
Hope you are feeling better! So many are out with that crud. See you soon.
mer
Larry -
Hope you get feeling better soon, we need to get you out there for some long hill runs for your AT&T prep! See you soon.
You ain't "blah" anymore, write a post already! :)
Post a Comment