Even though I haven't officially run in many of these races, I recognize many of the places and it definitely sums up why I run on the trails. I love the mountains, the forests, the rocks, the ridge runs, deep canyons, ice cold creek/river crossings, the deep blue mountain sky, views that seem to go on forever, always obsessed about what is over the next ridge or around the next bend in the trail, the earthy smell of the forests, windy ridges, steep traverses, cold rain or sleet that stings my face, and the opportunity to share it with others. One day, I will run in a few of the races in this video. But, in the meantime, I will have to just dream about them...
UltraRunning from Matt Hart on Vimeo.
3 comments:
What an awesome video Matt put up. Very timely for my coming back from the Gorge too. I cried today. I love mountains. I love them so much. The music hit the spot too...
This is so beautiful ... I am going to steal it for my own blog. ;-)
I'm pretty sure the bridge scene from the beginning of the video is near the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. You should look into that trip sometime...
Post a Comment