Sunday, August 3, 2008
Recovery Run???
I just finished a sixty minute recovery run on the roads. It was 90 degrees and windy and that was a relief. I eased immediately into what I thought was an easy pace. My heart rate was low, the legs felt fresh, and I just stayed with it while cruising down the street. I quickly realized when I reached a certain intersection that I was running too fast, regardless of the heart rate. I had clocked sub eight minute miles for the first three miles. I slowed it down to ensure I didn't end up in a tempo run. I had to get creative when running the route to ensure I had enough flat to run. I ran a little bit of rolling hills, but it didn't have much affect on the effort. I finished up with 7.3 miles in 60 minutes with a 144 hr average. I have a feeling I am not over trained for the upcoming weekend. If anything, I may be under trained based on how fresh I felt during the run. I'll try to take the next two runs easier than tonight's. I was running in some weird zone the entire time. So much, in fact, that I almost got plastered by a car that was speeding through a residential intersection. I didn't realize the cross traffic didn't have a stop sign. Thankfully, at the last second, I "woke up" out of my running daze to stop. That's the closest I've ever come getting hit by a car. Maybe, I should stick to the trails...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Stick to the trails, yeah, although there are deer, and low branches, and
rocks to tumble over. Hmm...how about wake up and look around? Nah, wouldn't work for me either.
May be spend more time getting used to Barton's creek cold water while watching Harrison swim across it? :)
Good luck at headlands, man. I just checked out the website and it looks pretty awesome. I'm sure you'll kick its ass.
Post a Comment