Dreams can be big or small. The point is going after those dreams and making them a reality. There is never a better time than now to go after what you want. It's too easy to rationalize oneself out of dreams until later in life. The irony, is we are never guaranteed "later". We must make choices now to move towards living the most fulfilling life possible. And, for those that use excuses, such as money, kids at home, our job(s), waiting for retirement, et al., we are denying ourselves the gift of living life as fully as possible. I don't want to be someone who realizes at a late time in life that I should have chased down my dreams when I was younger. And, it's actually never too late to start, regardless of age or circumstance. If you want it badly enough, you can make anything happen.
In the Fall of October 2003, I had the priviledge to meet and spend some time hiking in New Mexico with an inspirational man (Alan Hobson). He planted a seed in me during the day while I hiked with him and his wife. That seed was dormant until the past few years when I began feeding it. He mailed me one of his books later on and this quote hit home for me: "If you are persistent, you can do the dream. Summits are not places far away. Life can change in a moment. Every day is a gift. Make it a celebration."
2 comments:
You're way ahead of me, took words out of my mouth:) Now I don't have to post anymore? I'll just talk to you, and you do the writing. It's called "teamwork":)
This is why we all love you so much..
great post Larry
Lisa
Post a Comment