Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My iPod is Very Clean!

First off, this post is much ado about nothing...

Two nights ago, I went to the gym to lift weights and do my core workout. Just my typical weekly resistance training. I always take my little iPod Shuffle because I like to tune out everyone around me so I can get my workout done and get the heck out of the gym. I'm being selfish of my time, but the gym is just a necessity in my training regime, and I don't particularly enjoy it. So, I digress...

Yesterday morning, I got up bright and early to go for an 5am trail/road run. I planned on taking my Shuffle, since I was going to run on the road for the first 2 miles and the last 2 miles and it helps pass the time away on the boring road. I put on my headphones and, then, looked for my Shuffle to no avail. Then, panic struck!!! I realized I forgot to unclip my little iPod from the shorts I wore to the gym the evening before. And, those shorts were in the washing machine. I sullenly walked to the washing machine and opened it up and pulled out all my running/workout clothes hoping I had misplaced my iPod. In the bottom of the tub, there it was, like a shiny quarter, my iPod Shuffle. I knew there was no hope. It was ruined. I put in on the bathroom counter, afterwards.

This evening, I noticed the iPod on the counter and decided to dock it to my computer out of curiosity. Guess what? The little green light came on and it launched iTunes! And, just a few minutes ago I undocked it and it works!!! Wow! Pretty insignificant in the scope of life, but I thought it was ironic that it would work after going through an entire wash cycle, especially, considering I killed my first Shuffle in less than two weeks of running last year, due to sweat. :-)

1 comment:

Olga said...

Hmm...now what? :)