I'm in the final preparations for my second 100 miler and I'm certain it will be here before I realize it. The main thought regarding the run is my curiosity regarding what is going to occur during the race. My first 100, which I ran earlier this year, was a surreal experience for me. By most standards, it wasn't a typcial experience. And, that has been in the back of my mind ever since I crossed the finish line. The worst part of the race, was around mile ten when I thought, "I have ninety more miles to go!...". It seemed insurrmountable, at the time. I'm not certain what to expect in two weeks. But, I don't expect repeat of my first 100. I'm just going to show up at the starting line and do my best. That's all I can do. And, regardless of the outcome, I'll smile and be grateful I was given the opportunity. There are so many things in life more important than running...
Today, Randy Pausch passed with pancreatic cancer. I didn't know much about him, but I did watch a few of his video clips today and was touched by his passion for life. I spent a lot of time today contemplating what my true passion is toward. And, while I won't share it openly, I find great solace in having a better understanding in knowing what propels me through each day. It's a simple premise and one that has been prevalent inside of me for a long time. Working through self discovery has enabled me to gain valuable insight into my passion.
Below are a few quotes I captured from watching Randy's videos today. They're about life and passion. Peace.
"We don't beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully.""It is not the things we do in life that we regret on our deathbed. It is the things we do not."
"Passion. Find your passion. Don't give up on finding your passion. Otherwise you are just waiting for the reaper. Find it and follow it. You will not find that passion in things or money. That is not the metric for living. Passion fuels you from the inside."
3 comments:
"We don't beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well said, will have to add that to quote file :-)
Almost Game time huh for another 100, get ready for the mental battles...You did smoke your first 100 at RR and if things don't go as well just remember one of my favorite Mantras that I repeat often...
"I am doing the best I can at this moment" and followed by my second favorite...
" No matter how bad or low I get I know that I am only 1 or 2 miles from coming back"
Game on, Best wishes Bro !!
Dude, you are going to kill it. You have a very experienced crew and pacer and are running really strong. Sure, it ain't no RR but you're better than the course. I don't have quotes like Bob but just know that Olga ain't gonna let you slack!!!
Let's go kick butt...
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away." Hilary Cooper
Post a Comment