Rest!
I finished my last trail run yesterday morning and it was my last weekend "long" run before Headlands. It was great getting to watch the sunrise, while I was in the perfect location on the trail to view it breaking above the distant horizon. I was just thinking how many sunrises I have seen while I have begun trail running. I haven't kept count, but it's a lot. Nevertheless, I never get tired of watching them and I always remind myself how lucky I am to get to see it each time.I'll complete a few recovery runs on the road this week, before heading west to California for Headlands. My preparations are now complete and it is time to rest. My focus for the next week will be to get a lot of sleep, watch what I eat so I don't gain any weight, drink plenty of fluids, meditate to keep my mind calm, pray, stretch, and catch up on some reading. Oh, and get my drop bags ready!.
My son and I went for a swim in Barton Springs Pool today. I never get used to that initial dunk in the cold water. Brrr!!! Regardless, it does feel very refreshing, although it takes away my breath every time, and I always feel rejuvenated after soaking in the spring water. They had the diving board fixed and we had a blast jumping off into the deep, cold water. It was his first time jumping off an official diving board. He, also, swam across the length of the pool after jumping off the board. He was psyched that he swam so far on his own. Overall, a great morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment