I came across this quote this evening and found it sums up my attitude towards living:
"When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly."
-Patrick Overton
Life is really, really good and seems to surprise me in ways I never imagined almost every day. I am very thankful for those with whom I share my life. And, while I continue to train hard, my running and preparation for upcoming races doesn't dictate my day to day living. I just came off a 9 day stint with no running. But, I wouldn't trade that time for the wonderful experiences my son and I shared while we were together. In the not so distant past, I would let nothing get in the way of my training. But, that has definitely changed for me. What would be gained at the finish line for those sacrifices are meaningless to me nowadays unless I did it the right way for my own life. Maybe it's a type of transformation I've gone through, or maybe, running is something entirely different for me now. Regardless, it is the way I want to live.
6 comments:
You just came across this quote?? :-) I am glad you feel this way, even if not running made you edgy at times, and sad at others. We we don't have somebody to share our finish lines with, then why strive? And we if want to have that somebody - we need to make choices to include them.
Great quote, Larry. You have the perfect attitude.
Just catching up, great couple of posts! Hope you are well :) mer
Great words Larry!
you are in the path to becoming a YOGI! keep up your good work.
naresh
Wait! Wasn't/isn't that quote on Olga's blog!? :)
Great words to live by.
Post a Comment