Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gone!

January is done and gone! And, it was a fairly solid month of training even though it was low mileage by a lot of people's standards. I'm known for running low miles and have gotten away with it for the few years I've been running. My goal is to put in 9 workouts each week, some, of which, are cross-training (spin, yoga, strength training). I've never tracked total yearly mileage before, but I am this year in order to keep myself on track and monitor my training progress. I did a double this past weekend (24/14). Although that isn't necessarily huge mileage, I was pleased to finish the 14 on Sunday in a solid time and felt it was the best run of the week. I was even able to finish up the last half of Saturday's run in a negative split. Hopefully, I can keep it going. Most of it seems to be mental and making myself push through discomfort during the harder efforts. There seems to be a whole new world on the other side of that mental wall that I really am beginning to enjoy.

2 comments:

Olga said...

The race for the miles is ON!

Anonymous said...

add me on to the race list!!!

naresh