Less than 24 hours back from Russia. I haven’t ran since early Christmas morning and, with what appears to be a few pounds of weight gain from the trip of a lifetime, the expectations for the upcoming weekend 25km jaunt in Bandera are low. But, this is all about life and, most likely, the simple fact I’m just not that committed right now to my running. But, I am waiting patiently for the “fire” to return and am confident it will. All things happen for a reason and, although I have no idea why things are currently the way they are, I just accept them as best I can.
I have plans to post my story regarding my visit to Moscow. It really puts things in perspective, especially, since I saw it as a non-tourist and through the eyes of a native. I recently read an excerpt from a book describing that most people visit foreign countries with the benefit of a tour group and the ability to escape to a hotel at the end of each day. They, typically, gain a better understanding regarding the social dynamics of the tour group or familiarity of the hotels than they do with the true culture and internal dynamics of the country. Thankfully, I was fortunate to experience the later but it will be a monumental challenge to accurately summarize my thoughts into a succinct blog post.
С Новым Годом! (Happy New Year!)
1 comment:
I very much wish I could be at Bandera. That is the funnest race ever. Happy New Year.
Post a Comment