Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Goodbye Mocha

Goodbye, Mocha!  We've been together for a long time now.  I've quit you many times, before.  Yet, I long for you so strongly as those roasted beans of which your elixir is made permeate every corner of my workplace building.  It was easy to quit you when I couldn't see you every day.  But when I moved within a few hundred feet of you, the desire welled up inside of me to the point of loss of control.

Those first few sips with that little white, plastic lid off were always the best.  The whipped cream with the occasional taste of chocolate kept me coming back for more, much to the demise of my wife. We can no longer be together.  The highs and lows of your caffeine decadence are too much for me to handle.  The 340 calories are full of nothing but emptiness.  My $4.10 is best used elsewhere, especially on those days when I want you twice.

So, it's by making this statement openly that I declare, it's time to bid you adieu...

3 comments:

Olga said...

Think of me kicking the cigarette demon. Exactly same reason: highs and lows and $4. And the fact that I refuse to depend on anything but my own will. 2 years later, and I can't even remember I did it. But the pride is never to go away.

JohnF said...

I too have been giving up on those. I am surprised it was only 340 calories. For some reason I was thinking it more with the whipped cream.

MW said...

once you kick it, kick it to the curb for good.
$4 for coffee is ridiculous!