I just finished a great book! It took me a few months to read through it, but it wasn't for a lack of trying, but a lack of time. Over the past several months I read several other books which took priority and, hence, prolonged reading the final chapters of this book, a gift. Regardless, it is befitting I finished it at the end of the year. Reading is a new pastime of mine and something I'm beginning to enjoy the more I do it. While this book was a fictional novel, I couldn't help but think this was more truth than fiction: an autobiography of sorts. I read this book and savored every word. Actually, I didn't want the book to end and that may have contributed to my reluctuant desire to finish the book. Regardless, I have found I can relate well to Ed Abbey. What an exceptional writer! I think it would be helpful for anyone interested in this book to read some of his other works first to fully appreciate this one. The book is written in an honest way where, thoughts, no matter how crude or controversial, are breached and analyzed in an unique way. This book is about life and life is not perfect. Abbey does such a masterful job of eloquently putting into words what I know I have personally felt in my own life...
No comments:
Post a Comment