One of the many things I am grateful for is the oasis of where I now live. It would be difficult to refute the peacefullness in regard to the location of my apartment. Very few have been within the walls of where I now call home. But, as time passes, that will, hopefully, change. I have a crow's nest view of an incredible canyon full of nature. There are times when I feel like I'm, for lack of a better comparison, living in a Nepalese monastery perched high amongst its surroundings. And, so, I sit here this morning trying to describe as best I can what I see out the window of my living room...
"Thunder in the distant hills moves slowly closer.
Occasional flashes light up the pre-dawn sky.
The imminent approach of a storm looms close by.
The birds, which begin each morning in song, go silent.
Replaced with the sounds of raindrops landing on each surface.
A multiple part harmony reliant on the uniqueness of each drop and the surface it touches.
As dawn arrives, the translucent mist moves quickly up the deep, wooded canyon.
In deep contrast to the patchwork of dark evergreen and newly budded spring green trees.
Raindrops falling heavily at a sharp angle.
Helped along by the force of the wind-blown storm.
Each drop of rain in the midst of millions.
Visibly seen as it falls to the tree laden canopy into the canyon below.
The rain ebbs momentarily, replaced with sounds of the breeze moving through the trees.
The rain returns, quickly. Each drop, again, so vividly in contrast with each other.
As if one could count each one as it falls at its wind-swept angle to the Earth.
The mist floats softly up the canyon, again.
With less translucence and more cloud-like form.
As I sit quietly within open-windowed confines, watching the day unfold.
My life at 1301."
3 comments:
what a beautiful post!
forgot to tell you how much I love the photo of the Tetons:) I will be going up that road very soon on foot or bike.
Lisa
you have been tagged, check my blog
Rules are below.
1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
Are you sure you don't want to write a book! I'm glad that you've started blogging again. I really enjoy reading your thoughts. The blog about Grandad & the daily things you miss did choke me up a bit. I love the pic of you and my adorable nephew!
Post a Comment